“This is a good place if you want and need a good cut and color.”
“Milli's friendly personality and great customer assures that I will be a returning customer.”
“was willing to bare the "price" of bad service until one day I had enough.”
First time client. It was my first time visiting Mario Tricoci and it was great! I was skeptic to go because i heard a lot of the people there were rude or snobby but my colorist Angeles was just great from start to finish she was professional and listened to what i wanted and gave me the results i was hoping for. In the end, i will surely re book with her and try other Mario services as well!
Visit that ended with closing of credit card.
1. Okay facial and satisfactory Signature Massage - but really, this level of service is common everywhere.
2. Unbelievably disappointing/disturbing customer service.
- Making an appointment through their 1-800 number was easy and pleasant, and the nightmare begins once you are in the store:
- No matter what your skin type, there is no flexibility, it's incredible! They stick to their routines and that's about it. My friend was complaining afterwards that her face hurt b/c their peels were too strong
- I had a facial person tell me "I understand you are upset" and totally giving me an attitude--which I am not used to getting attitude when I pay full price for service
- Two receptionists helps me at the register. "Arielle" was super nice and friendly so I put down 15-20% tips for everyone (except the one with bad attitude who did my friend's facial). Then, I got home and received a voice message saying I still owed them $17. This is fine. But, "Jan", the other receptionist I had met at the store, gave me an attitude right off the bat and took a very condescending tone with me! She first seemed to imply that I didn't tell "Arielle" that I got the more expensive Signature Massage and only paid for the Swedish Massage. AND THEN, she put me on hold forever, all the while it's ME ON HOLD FOREVER on the Saturday night, for me to make an additional payment. THIS GETS BETTER. In the end, through all that, after I gave her my AMEX card # after all this unpleasant experience, she said to me: "YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU'RE REALLY YOUNG AND...", implying that I shouldn't have a bad attidude because I am young.
1. I may be three years out of college, but I have a good job, that allows me to pay full price for decent spa services
2. Despite my age, I am still a customer
3. "Jan" took such malicious tone with me in the end that I called AMEX right away to close my account to prevent any potential issues
The price you Pay. I moved to Naperville ten years ago. I was recommend to this salon by several people as "a great hair cut" but, "you will pay a price". I am use to paying $65 for a cut and $90 for a color, however I am use to having good customer service at those prices. My experience there was, it is much like a factory. The people who do the work are great in their field, thus the price is high. I was willing to bare the "price" of bad service until one day I had enough. The front desk treats you like dirt if you?re not sporting a huge diamond and designer cloths. The people who actually do the cutting and coloring are better but don't look for the traditional bonding while you get your cut and/or color. I left after 8 years of six to eight weeks of cuts and color because; the management seems to favor making money. In this economy I hope they change their management style. A friend gave me a gift certificate to try the salon again and I did within the last month. I was hoping the experience would have been better however?I still have not changed my mind. This is a good place if you want and need a good cut and color. You will be disappointed if you want something more and expect good service.
Best stylist in town,. Who would have thought I could get such a great cut while on vacation from Seattle. My stylist was on vacation and unable to do my hair before I left, but I found Brandon whom I want to highly recommend! His style and flair for hair was FABULOUS! When I got back to my families house my mother and two adult sister were so jealous, they made their own appointments with Brandon. Each one having a very different style. My mother came back with a graduated bob and she looks ten years younger. I can't stress enough how amazing our new hair looks. I have natural curly hair and have a hard time finding someone who "really" knows what they are doing. Brandon was professional, confident, efficient, respectful, and charming in every way possible! I will be returning for his services every time I visit the area!!! Thanks Brandon!
Worst facial ever...(Vernon Hills).
I didnt know that anybody could ever get a bad facial, but I did today. I checked in at the front desk and the lady just told me to go upstairs. She didnt tell me to go into the spa or anything so I waited outside in a very loud waiting room. Usually when I go to a spa, I am greeted with very nice people and asked to put on a robe or something. This was not the case... When it was time for the facial, I was taken back to a room and asked to get undressed from the waist up. After I got undressed she came in and starting making alot of noise (this was the person that was going to do my facial) . This was just really not relaxing. Next, I was laying there and she put this really bright light right in my eyes, and it was blinding. I ask her if I could remove it, because it was hurting and she didnt do anything. Then after analyzing my face, she tried to sell me their products and basically told me that my dermatologist was wrong in what she prescribed. After all of this the facial began.
At first, I felt like she didnt know how to put lotion on my face, because it was really uncomfortable and by this time I wasn't enjoying the special gift that my husband had gotten for me for getting a new job. She took the first layer off and then starting squeezing my blackheads out. THIS HURT SOOOO BAD. I had to ask her to quit. I felt like she ripped off my nose at one point. After this, then everything started to get a little better. The massaging was nice, and I started relax except for the fact that I was right next to the bathroom. I would hear a toilet flushing every 2-3 minutes and people talking outside my room. I was getting so annoyed.
Oh and the funny thing was that when I left, the receptionist asked me how it was and said OK (thats it). I guess now I know that OK is all they need to hear to feel good about their services. I didnt want to complain, because I didnt want to get anybody into trouble but it was hard to see $100 go to waste.
I will never go back
Milli is a wonderful stylist!. I went to see Milli after receiving two bad haircuts elsewhere. Milli created a wondeful style that fit me and my busy life as a working mom. I told her exactly what I wanted and she delivered, giving me lots of tips of how to maintain the style in the upcoming weeks. Milli's friendly personality and great customer assures that I will be a returning customer.
Editorial Review. Upscale salon specializes in cuts, color, facials, manicures and pedicures, massages, makeup application and more.
User review by aeimom. My husband surprised me with a spa day. I absolutely loved it! I had a massage, manicure, pedicure and a facial. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I make a trip every 6 months for the exact same thing! I'm hooked! I did try a different spa to save money, but the atmosphere just wasn't the same. I felt much more pampered at Maria Tricoci.
African American Hair. My first visit and last visit there was uneventful. I paid 70.00 for a wash and blowdry, My hair looked better before I went in. The staff knew very little about black hair and the end result was it showed. My shoulder length hair looked more like an afro with curls rather then hair.
Gina is an amazing colorist!!!. I recently relocated to Naperville from Southern California. I was worried about finding someone to color my hair. I used to go to extremely nice, high end salons in California. I went to Mario's and saw Gina. She did a better job than any of the high priced salons in California!!!!! She was an extremely nice person as well!!!! I will definitely be returning to Mario's to see Gina! My color looks absolutely amazing!!!!! Gina's a DOLL!!!!!!!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!