Chicago >Automotive Sales & Services > Concierge Car Service
470 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL | Directions 6061041.890701 -87.646700
Neighborhoods: West Side, Goose Island
If you want to experience bad service, rent a car from here – DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE! They do not understand the meaning of the word service or the phrase 'service-oriented'.
If I were able to give them zero stars, I would do so.
Like the person below, I was going to go into a long detailed explanation but deleted it halfway through. However reasons for my dissatiscation are summarized below:
* Rate was quoted at $199/day - although the website says mileage charges may apply - when you get the car, they then tell you that you are limited to 100 miles per day
* The $199/day car which was actually a $379/day car due to lack of availability of the original. Well, you might say, they are great at customer service. Well, guess what, that car was delivered WITHOUT WORKING AIR CONDITIONING! In Chicago, in June, enough said.
* Repeated calls to the number to remedy the A/C situation mostly yielded voice mail and the return calls were always to tell me that there had been a call placed with Mercedes to find out what might be wrong with the car.
* After two days of sweltering in the car and no resolution, I called to sort the situation out. The person never offered another vehicle until prodded and then I was told that there were no other vehicles available. He left it at that, no offer of credit, nothing.
* I asked for two day's credit and received it without argument. Much to my surprise, when I got the final bill, he had credited only one day and charged me a mileage overage for the day that he credited back. So, I had the car three days, paid for two due to lack of A/C but he then decided that I was only allowed to drive the A/C-less $379/day car for 200 miles, rather than 300. Unbelievable.
* And, it gets better...I pointed out as I dropped the car off that the rear passenger door handle stuck. He had the audacity to ask me if I had pulled too hard on the handle and broken it. No, car guy, I was reporting it so the poor idiot stuck driving that car after me might have a chance at getting his/her money's worth.
* Final straw, which prompted my writing this review. NEVER did he apologize for the inconvenience of no A/C and the rest of the hassle. He was content to blame it all on the dealer not returning his call.
I repeat again, DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE - they do not understand the meaning of the word service
worst experience – Wanted to rented a car for my wedding day.I had a reservation saturday at noon.When they didn't show up 12.10 I've tried to contact them.Try few times, finally talked to guy that said he doesn't know anything because his out of town.Promised to call main branch.It took them about 15 min.to call me back.Their excuse was "glitch" in the computer.My husband talked to a guy named Paul,who offered us another car in 2 houres(Ceremony was supposed start in 40 minutes).They totally ruined the most important day in our life.Unprofessional.I was so nervous my hands were shaking...
If you want to be treated badly... – I called up these guys on the phone and spoke with a guy name Paul. I have never been treated so badly by anyone. I was referred to them by a concierge who recommended them highly. Big mistake Mr. Concierge. I'll be sure to share with him my experience.
Service that matches the cars – I rented a Boxster for a business trip to Milwaukee and had a great experience. Stu in particular was very helpful and the car and the details were exactly as advertised. I would recommend renting a car from Concierge Car Service for any special occasion needs.
Ride on the wild side – I always had a dream to drive a real super sports car just to feel the power and performance. But I never really wanted to spend the money for such an expensive car. So thanks to you guys, I had the chance to take a ride on the wild side in an awesome sports car, and the thrill was worth every penny. Thanks for taking such good care of us.
Easy Luxury – My fiancee (now wife) and I had heard about CCS through a friend and we decided to rent a car for the weekend of our wedding in Michigan. We were not dissappointed in either the car or the service provided. With a tight schedule set for the weekend, CCS delivered a Range Rover to our home at a time we chose. This made for an easy and enjoyable drive up to Michigan. Once up in Michigan, the Range Rover's navagation system helped me out in some unfamiliar territory and also provided us a luxurious ride from the wedding. At the end of the weekend, we simply drove home and CCS picked up the car. All it all, it was a great experience we plan to repeat!
WOW! – Used them for my wedding and was blown away by the service and attention we received. My family rented the Range Rover and loved it. My fiancee and I had the Porsche, then took the BMW to our reception. They picked up the cars at the reception and back at the hotel. A great company for Chicago!
Editorial Review – Rents luxury cars and SUVs, inlcluding Mercedes, BMW and Porsche models.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Concierge Car Service on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.