Chicago >Astor & Black Custom Clothiers
Second to none.
The business suit was designed to be an outward projection of our best self. As such, your suit says a lot about who you are as a person. In my book, nothing says successful, confident and detail-oriented better than a quality, well-tailored custom suit. I've purchased a number of custom suits and shirts from various local and global clothiers over the years. At the end of the day, none can compete with Astor & Black.
My sales rep., Billie K., was excellent. She was friendly and knowledgeable and had no problem traveling to my office, which was extremely convenient. At our initial meeting, she took me through A&B's vast array of fabrics/styles and helped me select items that not only looked amazing but also supplemented pieces I already owned. Though it took approximately six weeks to receive my items, the suit and shirts fit perfectly
Great suit, excellent rep.
I've a few suits, a couple custom, and a few from the rack. All have been tailored, of course, however the combination of the fitting, fabric and the sales rep, Billie K., made this by far the best experience I've had both in purchasing the suit and shirts (all of which fit perfectly the first time) and quality of product.
Billie worked with me on pattern/fabric combinations, and the final product is outstanding. The only reason this is not 5 stars is because it took 3 months to get the suit and shirt.
if you want a suit second to none in quality and have time to wait, I highly recommend working with Billie at Astor & Black.
Outstanding quality suit.
The search for a properly fitted men's suit generally leads one to a custom tailor. Off-the rack suits just don't quite cut it, so to speak. I recently employed the services of Astor and Black to have two business suits made; below are my assessments:
- Billie K. (Sales Associate). Professional, courteous, willing to work with me on fabrics/styles, kept in constant communication about progress of the suits, rapidly responsive to any questions or concerns. She is highly recommended as one who knows her products well, matches the style trends with the customer's preferences, and gives solid (but not pushy) recommendations. Work with her and you will not be disappointed.
- The suits. Once they were made to my satisfaction (see below), they fit extremely well. The fabric is excellent, the details (working button holes, lining, personalizing, etc.) are superb. You will not find a finer suit for less than $1000.
- Price. $750 for a custom suit is still several hundred dollars less expensive than designer suits and will fit better.
- Initial delivery time. Four-six weeks for a completed, custom suit is not bad. You need to plan ahead of time when you buy these suits. Rush deliveries (<3 weeks) were discouraged to ensure proper quality.
- Time to achieve full satisfaction. I started the process with a different sales associate several months ago and unfortunately, when the suits were initially not made to my satisfaction (due to improper fit), it took a VERY long time (and many emails) for Astor and Black to agree to remake the suit. In the end, I was satisfied because they provided me with a partial refund and an excellent final product, but I have deducted one star from this review precisely for the delay.
Overall: Outstanding suit quality, Billie was excellent, but you may have to be proactive to ensure that Astor and Black lives up to its goal of optimizing customer satisfaction.
I'm not one for words just because there is only so many times you can compliment something and then it starts to become over the top.
I recently purchased a suit from A&B and found it to be a wonderful experience. You get exactly what you pay for and working with Billie was a piece of cake. She was attentive to the my needs and covered every detail. A rush order was put on the suit and it came back perfect! I could not have been happier with my experience and will certainly purchase again from Billie and A&B.
It's a bonus that the company was started in Columbus, Ohio. Go Bucks!
What a joke.
I made the mistake of buying from this company. My
"salesman" was not only an hour late, but incompetent. I should have known better, but the icing on the cake was when my my dry cleaner told me that the suit would run me about 150 bucks in China. I paid 700 dollars. ouch
Best Service in town!. When I called Jeff Pollack for a suit he was very attentive to what I wanted. He listened to everything I asked for and put together the sharpest suit I have ever owned. He came to my office sized me up, and fitted me. I need the Suit in 10 days and he made sure it was delivered on time. Ever since my first experience I have bought over 10 suits from him!